27/11/23 WE ARE NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR 2019 BRUT - PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY WILL BE FROM 8th DECEMBER WHEN LATEST STOCK BECOMES AVAILABLE
Our acclaimed London Brut is available for home delivery again!
If you're in the North London area, you can also buy the wine at Forty Hall Farm Shop, open from Tuesday to Sunday 11am to 4pm and the Forty Hall Estate Shop Thursday to Sunday.
You can also buy direct from us at a cellar door price at the Forty Hall Farmers' Market, on the second Sunday of the month at Forty Hall Farm from April to December. The last market of 2023 will be December 10th - 10am to 3pm.
About the wine:
A delicious, elegant vintage with a rich softness and lingering finish.
The 2019 will develop further with age but is perfect for drinking now as an aperitif.
- Believed to be London's first Sparkling Brut
- Made in the traditional Champagne Method
- 'Single Estate'; and produced only from grapes grown on Forty Hall Vineyard, North London
- Certified Organic
- Natural and unfiltered
The 2019 vintage of Forty Hall Vineyard's Sparkling Brut is made in the traditional 'Champagne' method from organically grown Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay grapes, tended and harvested by hand by the volunteers at Forty Hall Vineyard in North London.
Our wines are made for us by multi award-winning English wine maker, Will Davenport and reflect the best of low-intervention, natural English winemaking.
A golden hue reveals expressive aromas and defined flavours of citrus testiness, ripe orchard apples and Comice pears with a touch of fruit salad. Two years lees ageing lends further pastry and brioche notes to the mid palate.
- Grapes: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier
- Pinot Noir / Meunier 2246 kgs. - 77 oeschle, 14.62 acidity at pressing
- Chardonnay 696 kgs - 68 oeschle, 11.7 acidity at pressing
3275 bottles produced
- Grapes picked and pressed on 9th, 11th and 20th October 2019
- Bottled 3rd July 2020
2 years lees ageing in bottle
3 g/L dosage
- Analysis after disgorging:
- 5.3 bar pressure
- 10.0 g/L acidity
- 5.9 g/L residual sugar
- pH 3.00
- Free sulphur dioxide 3 mg/L
- Total sulphur dioxide 32 mg/L
Find out about the grapes and wine production here